- located 1, I. C. Bratianu Boulevard
- sword-bearer Mihai Cantacuzino, an outstanding figure of the Cantacuzinos, began the foundation of the church in 1701, finishing it in 1702
- it bears the name of Coltea Doicescu, who sold the founder, Mihai Cantacuzino, the land on which Coltea Doicescu’s brother had built a small wooden church whose brick and stone base is near the present church
- Mihai Cantacuzino also founded a school for masters ( in the cells of the church) and a hospital in 1704
- the church has a three-cusped plan with the belfry on the narthex and a porch supported by pillars
- it was built in an authentic Brancovenesque style, combining the Byzantine style with the Romanian art and architecture
- The portal, elegant and adorned like a jewel, is a remarkable example of an Italian Baroque architecture with autochthonous elements. It is made up of a door like gap ended in a three-cusped arch enframed by two Neo-Corinthian columns that support a tall cornice cut in the Italian Renaissance style. On its frieze, two winged gryphons, sculptured in relief, hold a stone plaque on which had been cut the inscription, later scraped by the Turks, and on which data referring to the construction of the church and its founders were inscribed. The pedestals of the columns, as well as the fragments of the architrave above the capitals, are adorned with figures in relief, of the four Evangelists, each being accompanied by his hall-mark.
- inside the church, master Gheorghe Tattarescu’s paintings, from 1871, alternates with different decorations of marble imitation
- the altar screen, beautifully indented with vegetal and geometric motifs, has two rows of icons and one of medallions
the church porch still preserves traces of the old fresco attributed to Parvu Mutu (17th c.)
Coltea architectonic complex consisted of the church, the hospital, three chapels and Coltea Tower at the entrance - today only the church and the hospital remained
- the statue of sword bearer Mihai Cantacuzino was sculptured in Carrara marble in 1869 by sculptor Karl Storck
- On the fence in front of the church, towards the street, a stone reminds of the place where the famous Coltea Tower was raised, and which was demolished in 1888.
- This tower, 50 m. high, by then the highest construction in Bucharest, constituted the main motif of the entrance in the church yard, that in 1715 was surrounded by walls. It was raised on the expense and guidance of the same sword bearer Mihai Cantacuzino
- The superior part of the tower was destroyed by the 1802 earthquake. Repaired, it still decorated the entrance of the hospital, serving as watch tower too, until 1888, when it was demolished in order to enlarge the new Coltea Boulevard.
- The church was repaired after the 1838 earthquake by architect Faiser and contractor Conrad Schwink, in 1895 under architect G. Mandrea’s supervision and after the 1944 bombardments
- Between 1950-1955 the belfry on the nave was rebuilt, after Horia Teodoru’s plan
- The Miraculous Icon of the Madonna is preserved in the church